The team behind Den Hoek - Marlies van den Akker
In this section, each month we ask one of our team members a series of questions so that you can get to know us a little better. After Aleid, it is now the turn of an assistant who has been part of the Den Hoek team for 12 years this month, Marlies:
– How long have you been working for Den Hoek and how did you end up here?
11 years. I saw the vacancy in the village newspaper at the time.
– What do you like most about your job?
That it’s nice and varied.
– What is the most important thing you have learned during your work at Den Hoek?
What the holistic is and what all is possible besides just the regular.
– What is the nicest or most special thing you have experienced during your work?
To begin with, what we all experienced on the Bisschopsweg. From a city bus or a large horse truck stuck in a curve, a veterinarian who performed CPR on a cyclist to horses that had broken loose.
Furthermore, we often see cute and unusual animals. For example, extremely large grasshoppers and salamanders live on the grounds and even once a scorpion that had hitchhiked with us from an exotic vacation spot!
During the consultations, sheep, goats and birds have already been there.
And the April 1 jokes continue to be fun!!!
– What do you like least about your job?
Getting up early, am more of an evening person.
– How would you describe the Den Hoek team?
Chillers, I get hot easily.
– Do you have (domestic) animals yourself?
Yes Charly, a cat (the dog in the picture belongs to my friend)
– Coffee or tea break?
– What can we wake you up for?
Coffee, After Eight and Cheesecake
– What do you like to do in your spare time?
We like to go away for the weekend with our camper. I like to go out with my son and father-in-law. And also motorcycling, reading and horseback riding.